This white bread variation makes a wonderful sandwich bread with just a hint of Amish Friendship Bread sweetness. This recipe and accompanying photos are courtesy Kitchen Friend May Naing from the food blog, Made With Love.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Oil bottom and sides of a large bowl.
- Put dough into bowl and cover lightly.
- Let dough stand overnight at room temperature.
- In the morning, punch dough down four or five times.
- Divide dough into three equal balls.
- Kneed each ball eight to ten times.
- Grease and dust three loaf pans with flour.
- Put dough into pans.
- Brush tops with oil and cover with oiled foil.
- Let stand 4-5 hours or all day.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (177° C).
- Bake 30-40 minutes and cover with foil after lightly browned.
This dough can be mixed with a Kitchen Aid mixer or by hand. If dough has not risen well on the second rise, put a small pan of water on the bottom rack in the oven, heat to 200° F (93° C) and then turn it off. Put dough on top rack for 1-2 hours to get a good rise.
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!