This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is a decadent dessert bread that’s moist and full of chocolate and coconut. Chocolate pudding, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips combine to make this bread a chocolate sensation.
This is a great bread to keep in the freezer for emergencies. Simply wrap the loaf tightly in freezer paper or aluminum foil, place in a Ziploc bag, and toss it in your freezer. You can slice the bread in advance or take it out and slice as needed. Allow 15-30 minutes to come to room temperature, or pop it into a preheated 350° F oven for 8-12 minutes. You can also toast it in your toaster oven.
These make great mini loaves, too!
Triple Chocolate Coconut Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut sweetened (plus extra to sprinkle)
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease two large loaf pans and dust with sugar if desired.
- Add ingredients into mixing bowl and combine until moistened.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle coconut on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
Made it for Christmas presents. Our pastor said it was the best bread he had ever eaten! Thank you so much for the recipe!
patricia skinner says
I would make this recipe by my husband and mom.
I’m looking forward to baking this for my wife. She loves chocolate and coconut!
Ooops..I was supposed to mention two people. My mom also loves the combination of chocolate and coconut, so she’ll be getting a loaf, too.
Diane Siniscalchi says
I’m baking on Friday. I’ll have to make this for my dear 91 year old coconut loving mom. She’ll be ecstatic!! 🙂
I made this time before last, but without the cocoa – excellent! Went over really well!
MMM…this reminds me of my favorite Chocolate Wafer cookie my Aunt always made…love Chocolate and Coconut! Only thing missing is walnuts! Can’t wait to try this recipe!
Laura Everett says
This was amazing! Super chocolatey, and the toasted coconut was perfect on top.