This post contains affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase, the Friendship Bread Kitchen may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is a decadent dessert bread that’s moist and full of chocolate and coconut. Chocolate pudding, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips combine to make this bread a chocolate sensation.
This is a great bread to keep in the freezer for emergencies. Simply wrap the loaf tightly in freezer paper or aluminum foil, place in a Ziploc bag, and toss it in your freezer. You can slice the bread in advance or take it out and slice as needed. Allow 15-30 minutes to come to room temperature, or pop it into a preheated 350° F oven for 8-12 minutes. You can also toast it in your toaster oven.
These make great mini loaves, too!
Triple Chocolate Coconut Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut sweetened (plus extra to sprinkle)
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
- Grease two large loaf pans and dust with sugar if desired.
- Add ingredients into mixing bowl and combine until moistened.
- Pour the batter evenly into the pans and sprinkle coconut on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!