“Spicy, creamy chai perfect for a book club, tea party or bridal shower!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 30 cupcakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes French vanilla instant pudding
4 tablespoons International Cafe Chai Latte Mix
1 cup white chocolate baking chips (optional)
Buttercream Frosting or Vanilla Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Line cupcake tins with paper cups or grease wells and dust with Chai Latte mix.
- Pour the batter evenly into cupcake wells and lightly sprinkle on Chai Latte mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top cooled cupcakes with a fluffy mound of buttercream frosting or vanilla glaze and top with Chai Latte mix or nutmeg.
No instant chai latte mix? Brew 5 chai tea bags in the 1/2 cup warm milk from the ingredients.
L to R: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen