Drizzle this Vanilla Caramel Frosting onto your favorite Amish Friendship Bread for an extra caramel punch!
Kitchen Friend Paula Altenbach offered these helpful hints: I decided to give the powdered sugar a nice sift before adding it to the caramel mixture. It blended smooth and creamy. This was a whiz to make using my 22 year old kitchen aid mixer. This recipe generously topped 4 loaves of Coffee-Toffee Amish Friendship Bread with some to spare!
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Vanilla Caramel Frosting
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in the milk and vanilla.
- Return to heat and bring to a boil while stirring.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Stir in powdered sugar and beat to desired consistency.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!