Submitted by: Paula Altenbach (Colorado Springs, CO)
“My family enjoyed it with the waffles and I am certain it will be fantastic on other cakes and ice cream!”
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar, honey or Splenda
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Combine fruit, lime juice, salt and sweetener in sauce pan.
- Simmer and smash fruit to desired texture.
- Whisk cornstarch into cold water.
- Slowly add cornstarch slurry to heated fruit to desired thickness.
- Stir in vanilla.
From Paula Altenbach (Colorado, CO): “The lime juice balanced beautifully with the sweetness of the fruit. Use your favorite sweetener to sweeten as much or as little as you like. Enjoy with waffles, pancakes, friendship bread or as an ice cream topping!”