Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Becky Lewis
A super easy recipe with a bright burst of flavor.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1-2 teaspoons lemon extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 small box lemon instant pudding
Zest of one lemon (or 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except grated lemon zest.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle with lemon zest and the remaining sugar on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Lemon lover? Mix half the zest into the batter, about ½ tablespoon, and skip the zest and sugar topping. Once the bread has cooled, drizzle with our Easy Vanilla Glaze and sprinkle the remaining zest into the glaze before it sets.
L to R: (c) Becky Lewis