Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Susan Buetow | Scraps of Life
“So easy and so delicious!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 18 -24 muffins or 2 loaves
Recipe at a Glance
- add 1 cup grated zucchini, excess liquid removed
- add 1 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 cup grated zucchini, excess liquid removed
1 cup mini chocolate chips
1-2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly fold in the wet ingredients, mixing well and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Bake for one hour in a well greased pan or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
Omit the chocolate chips for a less calorie version. If you want a smooth top bread don’t add anything to the top before baking. If you want a crackly top, sprinkle a light layer of sugar before baking.