This is one of the easiest Amish Friendship Bread recipes to make, and the loaves make perfect gifts, and have the added benefit of including an ingredient that’s chock full of vitamins A and C, manganese, and lutein. Wrap up a loaf or two of Zucchini Amish Friendship Bread to show a friend or neighbor that you’re thinking of them.
This is a great recipe to get creative with. You can have fun with different add-ins, adding up to 1 cup total of any of the following:
- grated carrots
- mini chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
Zucchini Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup zucchini grated, excess liquid removed
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips optional
- ½ cup walnuts chopped, optional
- Preheat over to 325° F (165° C). Grease two loaf pans.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients except any nuts or chocolate chips. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly fold in the wet ingredients, mixing well and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add nuts or chocolate chips if using.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Give it some stars and leave a comment below letting us know how it worked for you!