Submitted by: Jill Emery (North Conway, NH)
Image (c) Jill Emery (North Conway, NH)
“Make these sweet, light and creamy raspberry-filled cupcakes for your next Valentine’s Day Party.”
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 cupcakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup light cream
2 tablespoons lemon extract
2 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar
1 box instant lemon pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Raspberry Cream Filling:
2 cups Vanilla Bean Frosting
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Line muffin tins with 24 baking cups.
- For the cupcakes, beat together all liquid ingredients until well blended.
- Add all dry ingredients and beat until smooth.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack until completely cooled.
- To make filling, beat 2 cups Vanilla Bean Frosting and 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam until well blended.
- After the cupcakes have cooled, use a pastry bag with a #230 decorating tip to fill each cupcake with the cream filling. Just insert the tip about an inch and a half and squeeze until the cupcake is full.
- Use another pastry bag with a decorative tip of choice, fill with Vanilla Bean Frosting and frost the cupcakes.
From Jill Emery on homemade extracts:
- For the vanilla extract: Place 7-10 sliced vanilla beans in a quart sized mason jar and top with clear alcohol (vodka or moonshine works great). Keep covered. Takes 6-8 weeks before you can use for baking.
- For the lemon extract: Grate the rind off two lemons and place in a small jelly jar. Top with clear alcohol. Keep covered. Takes 6-8 weeks before you can use for baking.