Pair this recipe for Amish Friendship Bread Cheesy Dilly Rolls with a hot bowl of soup, fish or chili.
This recipe makes 24 cheese dill rolls, which make them perfect as a side to a hot bowl of soup, chili, fish or salad. The sweet sourdough tang of the Amish Friendship Bread starter gives it a leg up on other dinner rolls, and they come out beautifully uniform from the muffin tins.
This recipe works best with an active starter, usually a starter that’s just been fed in the past 24 hours and is a little (or a lot) bubbly. To learn more about how to maintain an active starter, view our tutorials or FAQs.
Cheese Dilly Amish Friendship Bread Rolls
- In a saucepan or in the microwave, heat cottage cheese to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, combine cottage cheese, onion, butter, dill, salt, soda and egg. Mix well.
- Mix in starter.
- Add flour one cup at a time until dough is stiff.
- Cover bowl and let dough rest for one hour.
- Punch down dough and then with oily hands, for dough into 24 balls.
- Grease two muffin tins.
- Place each ball of dough in a muffin cup.
- Cover and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Before putting in the oven, brush each roll with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!