Take your recipe up a notch with the simple addition of fresh apple chunks and plump raisins to make this wonderful Apple Raisin Amish Friendship Bread submitted by Kitchen Friend Saskia Bau.
This is a great recipe to use the stray apple sitting around in the fruit drawer. Doubling up on the amount of cinnamon in this recipe gives it an extra kick.
A quick note: I only share links that I love and personally use. This post contains affiliate or commission links which support the Friendship Bread Kitchen if you click or buy. Thank you!
Kitchen Friend Saskia Baur got creative with her add-ins: “Sift the dry ingredients together to prevent lumps in the batter, and use 1½ cups of nuts to help with the moisture from the apples. I also baked my loaves for 45 minutes instead of the recommended 60. The loaves were still beautifully moist after seven days. All my family and friends who tasted it, loved it.”
Apple Raisin Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with sugar-cinnamon mixture, setting aside part of the mixture to sprinkle on top.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!