Crushed pineapple makes this Pineapple Carrot Cake Amish Friendship Bread recipe virtually identical to the traditional carrot cake. It makes a great breakfast, picnic snack, or party treat. Top this recipe with loads of fluffy cream cheese frosting and chopped walnuts and watch it disappear!
Pineapple Carrot Amish Friendship Bread
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup crushed pineapple drained
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1-2 boxes vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup nuts chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 medium carrots shredded
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with cinnamon-sugar mixture of ½ teaspoon cinnamon and ½ cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!