This Amish Friendship Bread Chocolate Chip Pancakes continue to be one of the biggest hits in our Recipe Box! It’s a great way to use up excess starter and has the added bonus of tasting just as good the next day — simple reheat, pour on the syrup, and you’re good to go. You can also pop them in the toaster if you like them crispy.
It’s easy to experiment — swap out the chocolate chips for chopped nuts, berries, sliced bananas, you name it. A special thank you to Kitchen Friend Mary Pilcher for submitting this recipe!
Amish Friendship Bread Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Combine sugar and strawberries in bowl, stir well and set aside to allow sugar to draw out juices for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat griddle.
- In a mixing bowl, add starter and wet ingredients. Whisk together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk well.
- Spoon batter onto greased skillet or griddle.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip.
- Cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve with with strawberries.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!