This recipe was submitted by Kitchen Friend Sandy Kelley-Jones and was a hit with everyone who tried it. Sandy adds, “This recipe made two dozen muffins with enough batter left over to make one dozen in a muffin top pan. I used Guittard milk chocolate chips.”
Double Chocolate Chip Coconut Amish Friendship Bread Muffins
This recipe for Double Chocolate Chip Coconut Amish Friendship Bread muffins is a community favorite!
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 small boxes chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed, mix well by hand.
- Use cupcake liners or butter muffin tins & dust with cocoa. Batter will be thick.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to fill tins about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool about 5 minutes and remove to rack.
Have you made this?Mention @friendshipbreadkitchen or tag #friendshipbreadkitchen!
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!
Manda K says
Made this today and my house smells like chocolate heaven! Used buttermilk, so I increased the milk to 3/4 cups and only used one box chocolate pudding because it was really thick after one. I saw that in the recipe, it would be thick, but this was cookie-dough thickness even with the additional milk. The instant coffee powder really takes this over the top! It really took a lot of will-power not to have a taste before baking!
It made 12 muffins and 4 mini loaves for me. And my 22 month old daughter LOVED helping with the muffin liners and stirring. Very fun morning!
These turned out great!!! I didn’t have all of the ingredients so I used pistachio instant pudding instead of chocolate instant pudding, and almonds instead of walnuts, and I left out the coffee and chocolate chips. They came right out of the muffin tins, and they taste like German chocolate cake!
Lisa Blythe says
This was absolutely YUMMY!!! I made mine into 2 loaves of bread since I found out that I didn’t have any cupcake liners at the last minute.