This recipe was submitted by Kitchen Friend Sandy Kelley-Jones and was a hit with everyone who tried it. Sandy adds, “This recipe made two dozen muffins with enough batter left over to make one dozen in a muffin top pan. I used Guittard milk chocolate chips.”
Double Chocolate Chip Coconut Amish Friendship Bread Muffins
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 small boxes chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed, mix well by hand.
- Use cupcake liners or butter muffin tins & dust with cocoa. Batter will be thick.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to fill tins about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool about 5 minutes and remove to rack.
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!