Submitted by: Gail Burchardt
Image (c) Gail Burchardt
“This bread smells delicious during mixing, baking and especially while eating.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon root beer extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup A&W Root Beer ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except ice cream topping.
- Once mixed, drizzle in ice cream topping.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans and drizzle on more ice cream topping.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.