This Coffee Cake Amish Friendship Bread submitted by Kitchen Friend Karen is the perfect recipe for Sunday morning brunch with the family.
If adding you’re adding chocolate chips to this recipe, eliminate the usual amount of cinnamon.
Kitchen Friend Janet Lottes Young had fun with her variation of this recipe: “For a church coffee hour, I made the Coffee Cake Amish Friendship Bread, substituting coriander for the cinnamon in the batter, doubling the streusel topping amount and swirling it in, then adding a vanilla glaze after it was baked. The pastor’s wife said it was the best coffee cake she’s ever had! Thanks, Friendship Bread Kitchen!”
You can also play with the different add-ins in this Coffee Cake Amish Friendship Bread. Throw in a cup of raisins, chocolate chips, apples, or your favorite nuts! Bake up a batch of this coffee cake and serve it alongside an easy breakfast casserole for a brunch feast!
Coffee Cake Amish Friendship Bread
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed and mix on medium speed.
- Add 1 cup of your choice of nuts or other add-ins (apples, raisins, chocolate chips, etc.).
- Pour the batter into cake pan.
- Sprinkle on Coffee Cake Crumble Topping on top of batter.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!