This recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Amish Friendship Bread is a creamy recipe that adds just the right amount of lemony-sweetness after dinner. Top this recipe with our Lemon Glaze for an extra punch of lemon flavor. This tasty recipe for Lemon Cheesecake Amish Friendship Bread was shared with us by Kitchen Friend Debbie Hughes.
Lemon Cheesecake Amish Friendship Bread
- 1½ cups Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 1 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 small boxes cheesecake instant pudding
- 1-2 zest of lemon to your taste
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- Lemon Glaze
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine starter, oil, eggs, half and half and vanilla.
- Add in and mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, pudding and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Fold into batter.
- Grease 13" x 9" cake pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool and top with Lemon Glaze.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!