Submitted by: Nancy Munson (Walla Walla, WA)
>> Need an Amish Friendship Bread Primer with the ten day instructions? Go here!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
½ cup oil
½ cup applesauce
½ cup milk
3 packages apple cinnamon instant oatmeal
1 cup sugar
1 box instant vanilla pudding
2 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cloves
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
1 medium apple, finely chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
Cinnamon and sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large bowl, cream starter, eggs, oil applesauce and milk.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Fold in chopped apples and walnuts.
- Divide between two loaf pans that have been sprayed with cooking spray and dusted with flour.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mix on top of each loaf.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.