If you love butterscotch, this is going to be a fast favorite.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- omit cinnamon
- substitute butterscotch pudding for vanilla pudding
- add 1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant butterscotch pudding
1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 2 large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with granulated sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
Serve with a sweet wine that compliments the butterscotch flavor.
L to R: (c) Tina Butler | Mommy’s Kitchen; (c) Becky Lewis; (c) Becky Lewis