Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen
“Just like your favorite carrot cake, this loaf is the perfect picnic guest.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
At a Glance
- increase cinnamon to 1 tablespoon
- add 3 medium carrots, shredded
- add 1/2 chunky homestyle applesauce
- add 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chunky homestyle applesauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 cup nuts, chopped
1 cup raisins
3 medium carrots, shredded
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with cinnamon-sugar mixture of 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
This would be a wonderful variation made in mini Bundt pans. If using a pan with 4 molds, be sure to reduce baking time to 30 minutes before testing for readiness. Loaves should be thoroughly cooled before frosting.
L to R: (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Friendship Bread Kitchen; (c) Beth Masog