Submitted by: Sandy Kelley-Jones
Image (c) Sandy Kelley-Jones
“Enjoy these double chocolate muffins with a large glass of milk.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen muffins
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tablespoon instant coffee crystals
2 small boxes chocolate fudge instant pudding
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed, mix well by hand.
- Use cupcake liners or butter muffin tins & dust with cocoa. Batter will be thick.
- Use a medium-sized cookie scoop to fill tins about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool about 5 minutes and remove to rack.
From Sandy Kelley-Jones: “This recipe made two dozen muffins with enough batter left over to make 1 dozen in a muffin top pan. Guittard milk chocolate chips are preferred in this recipe.”