“Rich and decadent, this is a chocolate lover’s dream.”
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 cakes
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup almond flour
2/3 cup dark chocolate
2 tablespoons espresso coffee
Dark Chocolate Espresso Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Melt the chocolate and coffee in a double boiler or microwave, then cool.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and add the starter.
- Add the oil, melted chocolate and almond flour. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gently fold into the mixture.
- Add the flour and mix del.. Pour into a baking pan lined with baking or parchment paper.
- Bake for thirty minutes or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan; then allow it to cool completely before frosting.