“This chocolate variation uses fresh basil.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup of Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes instant pistachio pudding
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/3 cup freshly chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with a 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle with more sugar and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.