Submitted by: Gail Burchardt
Image (c) Gail Burchardt
“This bread smells delicious during mixing, baking and especially while eating.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon root beer extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup A&W Root Beer ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed except ice cream topping.
- Once mixed, drizzle in ice cream topping.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf pans and drizzle on more ice cream topping.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
From Gail Burchardt: “This is a very versatile variation. In the photo, the root beer is the upper left. Upper right is candy cane, lower left is gingerbread and lower right is pumpkin spice. All done using this batter with different flavors of pudding mix.”