“Celebrate Independence Day in style! Frosting and sprinkles make this cake a festive addition to any social event.”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hours
Yield: 1 Bundt cake
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1 large box vanilla instant pudding
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped nuts, diced apples, raisins (optional)
7 Minute Icing
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease Bundt pan.
- Dust the greased pan with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour the batter evenly into Bundt pan and sprinkle the remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let cake cool for 10 minuets and then invert onto serving plate.
- Once cake is completely cool, frost with 7 Minute Icing.
- Top cake with red, white and blue sprinkles.