Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Rachelle Bowden | rachelleb.com
Make your Amish Friendship bread into muffins with only a few easy tweaks.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
1-2 small boxes instant pudding (any flavor)
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease 24 (or 12 large jumbo) muffin tins.
- Dust the greased tins with a mixture of 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Fill muffin tins halfway and sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes (45 minutes for jumbo muffins) or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.