“Plump fresh blueberries make these muffins a breakfast treat!”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 24 muffins
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding
1 tablespoon each of cinnamon and sugar to top the muffins
1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients and mix well.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
- Fill muffin cups halfway.
- Dust the tops with a mixture of cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
From Anne M. Alesauskas: “For an easy fill of the cupcake wrappers, use an ice cream soup. If you use the jumbo muffin tins, plan on cooking for 45 minutes. The freshness of the blueberries is what comes through in this recipe.”
L to R: batter (c) Stacie Gorkow | Sincerely Stacie