Submitted by: Friendship Bread Kitchen
Image (c) Nancy Hubbard (Walla Walla, WA)
“If you are in need of a chocolate treat this Amish Friendship Bread is a tasty variation to bake!”
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
1 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups flour
2 small boxes chocolate instant pudding
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add ingredients as listed.
- Grease two large loaf pans.
- Dust the greased pans with 1/2 cup sugar.
- Pour the batter evenly into loaf or cake pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar on the top.
- Bake for one hour or until the bread loosens evenly from the sides and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.