Get ready … we’re taking Amish Friendship Bread cookie recipes to a whole new level. Don’t forget to bring the milk! This is a classic Amish Friendship Bread peanut butter cookie recipe for peanut butter lovers!
I love using the starter to make cookies, because it’s a quick and easy way to use up excess starter while making enough cookies to share with friends and family. This is a classic peanut butter recipe that I also use to make blossom cookies. Can’t decide what to do? Split the batter and make both! Here’s how I did it:
After mixing the ingredients, chill the dough until it’s easier to handle, about 30 minutes. Then spoon or scoop onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Roll each dough ball in granulated sugar.
Gently press down with the back end of a fork so the fork tines leave an impression on the top of the dough. Turn your fork 90 degrees and do it again to create a criss-cross pattern.
Pop in a preheated 350° F (176° C) for 10 minutes until dark but not brown. Be careful not to let them overbake.
This is a great recipe for peanut butter lovers and is a super giftable treat. Fill a mason jar with a stack of cookies, and don’t forget to attach one of our free printables gift tags or mason jar labels to make your gift giving complete!
Amish Friendship Bread Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F (176° C).
- Mix starter, peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to starter mixture, adding additional flour if needed.
- Chill dough for up to 30 minutes, or until it becomes easier to handle.
- Roll dough into small balls. Roll balls in sugar, then gently flatten with the bottom of a mason jar.
- Using a fork, gently press down with the back end so the fork tines leave an impression on the top of the dough. Turn your fork 90 degrees and do it again to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are light brown and set.
>> Have you tried this? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!