Nothing heralds fall like pumpkin, and we love this simple recipe for Pumpkin Amish Friendship Bread scones. Pair it with our Berry Butter on any autumn weekend!
- 1 cup Amish Friendship Bread Starter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup chilled butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup raisins or currants (optional)
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar for topping (optional)
- Berry Butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.
- With a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of dry mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl combine starter, pumpkin and egg. Add egg mixture all at once to dry mixture. Using a fork, stir just until moistened. Knead in raisins or currants.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface. Shape into 4” x 12” rectangle. Cut rectangle into quarters (4” x 3”) and cut each piece on the diagonal to form 8 wedges.
- Place wedges 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Top with turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm with berry butter.
And a special thanks to Friendship Bread Kitchen Friends who shared their delicious photos with us!
>> Have you tried this recipe? Share your best pic with us or leave a comment below and let us know how it worked for you!