UPDATED FOR 2020! 🎄
Are you ready for the holidays?
No doubt this year will be a bit different, but I’ve got you covered with a line-up of great Amish Friendship Bread holiday recipes so you can put together fabulous edible gift baskets and care packages for friends and neighbors, as well as create a festive treat for yourself!
>> Coming soon! Your Fun and Easy 2020 Homemade Holiday Edible Gift Guide. Sign up below to receive updates when it’s ready.
1. CHECKING YOUR LIST: YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY CHECKLIST
Minimize trips to the grocery store with my free holiday pantry checklist, tailored especially for Amish Friendship Bread baking (it’s free but you’ll need your password to access–look at the bottom of your newsletters for the password, or sign up above).
2. KEEP IT CLASSIC WITH A CINNAMON TWIST: CINNAMON AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD
Kitchen Friend Brita Britnell added an extra cinnamon crunch ribbon inside the bread to make the classic recipe especially festive.
3. A Kid Favorite: Chocolate Candy Cane Amish Friendship Bread
This one will have all the kiddies (and a few adults!) raving.
4. Great for Guests: Egg Nog Amish Friendship Bread
A gorgeous, show-stopping holiday cake.
5. More Egg Nog Goodness: Egg Nog Amish Friendship Bread Cookies
Great for festive gift giving and holiday care packages.
6. For Those Who Like It Warm and Spicy: Gingerbread Amish Friendship Bread
A warm and spicy delight that promises tons of compliments.
7. For Grown-Ups: Rum Raisin Amish Friendship Bread
Rum-soaked raisins make this Amish Friendship Bread variation perfect for carolers and late-night revelers.
8. In Keeping with Tradition: Stollen Amish Friendship Bread
Looking for a loaf to wrap up and gift? This is the one! And you can make your own marzipan, too!
9. Just For Santa: Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodles
Make sure you’re on Santa’s Nice list by leaving a glass of milk and these Amish Friendship Bread Snickerdoodles by the chimney.
10. Pass It On: Amish Friendship Bread Fruitcake
What would the holidays be without a little fruitcake? Kitchen Friend Tammy Basile came up with this wonderful Amish Friendship Bread variation.
11. Christmas Morning: Tuscan-Inspired Amish Friendship Bread Coffee Cake
Festive and delicious, this coffee cake is an easy crowd-pleaser.
12. For the Office Party: Rye and Ginger Amish Friendship Bread
Big kids only … rye whiskey-soaked golden raisins make this bread a great addition to any office holiday party dessert spread.
13. Dress It Up: Festive Tags and Labels for Your Holiday Treats
Don’t forget to label your edible gifts with any of my free custom holiday gift tags, too!
(It’s free but you’ll need your password to access–look at the bottom of your newsletters for the password, or sign up above)
14. Good Reads: An Avalon Christmas
Twelve heartwarming stories of hope and cheer that make every day Christmas.
The small river town of Avalon, Illinois is considered quaint, charming and idyllic. Tourists love to visit and residents are proud to call it home, but this Christmas a secret hides around every corner.
Who’s giving away free turkeys to every house in town? What’s a mysterious homeless man up to when he offers free gift-wrapping in front of the town’s most popular gift shop? Is the grand prize of this year’s annual town fundraiser (one full year of rent or mortgage paid!) a hoax or the real deal? Can a broken relationship between brothers be healed or can unexpected love bloom between the unlikeliest of couples?
Written with heart, wit, and humor, An Avalon Christmas will bring laughter and tears to readers any time of the year.
15. At Your Fingertips: Get the Holiday Cookbook
For yourself or the baker on your list — quick and easy access to your favorite recipes, plus an Amish Friendship Bread starter jar!
16. The Gift That Keeps on Giving: Gift the Starter
If baking feels like too much, keep it simple — gift someone an Amish Friendship Bread starter.
The most important gift you can give this year is kindness and compassion. Okay, that’s two gifts, but you know what I mean. Physical and edible goodies are wonderful and fun, but lasting happiness comes when people feel loved and safe.Darien Gee, Friendship Bread Kitchen